Previously "Diary of a Birding Medic"

Previously "Rugby Birder"

Monday, 17 October 2016

Desert Wheatear @ Bridlington North Side


I suppose I am now a twitcher! Word came through late this afternoon that a Desert Wheatear was showing well on the sea wall at Bridlington north side beach opposite the Expanse Hotel. Initially I dithered about going but it was only three miles down the road and a life tick! On my way, I convinced myself that the bird would be distant or even departed. I needn't of worried as the Desert Wheatear showed well down to a few feet and was not at all concerned about the footfall on beach and promenade! Having enjoyed the bird, I returned to Bempton and gave Heather directions so she could enjoy another life tick! Tea was a little delayed this evening but all the better for having enjoyed this little beauty!





2 comments:

Mike Attwood said...

I don't know how you do it Frank. I still can't find much to photograph.

Kevin Groocock said...

I think we are having a great migration over here on the east coast!