Previously "Diary of a Birding Medic"

Previously "Rugby Birder"

Saturday, 10 January 2015

Birthday Delights at Cathiron!

Nuthatch

What better way to celebrate your birthday? Woodland birds and a camera! My plan for today was to meet up with Di Stone at Draycote Water, but with strong winds and heavy rain, we decided to postpone. However, I was determined to get out and late morning the sky brightened, the sun made a brief appearance, but the wind remained very strong. I decided to spend an hour at Cathiron, next to mature woodland and the canal. The feeders were empty but I had remembered to take some seed and soon the expected birds were visiting. I also had for company a dead Pheasant, floating its way along the canal!

Dead Pheasant!


Nuthatch







Coal Tit





Marsh Tit






Robin



Blue Tit


Great Tit


Blackbird



Mallard



1 comment:

Andrew haynes said...

Happy Birthday , great set