Previously "Diary of a Birding Medic"

Previously "Rugby Birder"

Wednesday, 15 October 2014

Draycote Water - 15th October 2014

Teal

I had not been to Draycote Water for several months, so it was overdue a visit. Unfortunately, although the rain had abated, the morning was very dull, requiring camera ISO to be raised to 1600 on several occasions! After yesterdays excitement with three Great Skuas, I expected them to have left and I didn't think I would discover anything else and I was not to be disappointed! I resigned myself to a quiet walk around the five mile perimeter, looking for anything that took my fancy.

Dabchick (Little Grebe) - Breakfast!





Great Crested Grebe - I didn't expect to see the "courtship" presentation of a clump of weed!





Grey Wagtail - attempting to brighten the dull morning!




Lapwing


Teal - A delightful little duck












Mallard - A tender moment! The male sloped off, while the female bathed!









No comments: