Previously "Diary of a Birding Medic"

Previously "Rugby Birder"

Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Night Heron @ Seeswood Pool, Nuneaton - 23rd July 2014


Several years ago, a Night Heron appeared at Earlswood Lakes, a bird that took two visits to locate and then I had to be content with a flyover bird in almost darkness. Yesterday, Dennis W kindly texted me to advise that a Night Heron had been located at Seeswood Pool near Nuneaton! Unable to get out there, I decided to await the images from fellow birders, and I have to say some excellent images were obtained (D Hutton et al). Today, I planned to visit Ryton Woods, with Ian for some butterfly therapy and enjoyed a good morning. At midday, a decision was taken to "nip" over to Seeswood and have a look. It was definitely a case of "you should have gone yesterday" as today the bird, although showing, was skulking in the bushes! I am rather embarrassed to attach these "record shots"! Also, I had to make do with my small lens (100-400mm)!





No comments: