Previously "Diary of a Birding Medic"

Previously "Rugby Birder"

Thursday, 24 July 2014

"If you go down to the woods today....." - 23rd July 2014

Peacock Butterfly

Something different today with Ian and myself heading out to Ryton Woods in search of Butterflies. This is something that I know little about and struggle to identify, so a steep learning curve! It is amazing how fast these creatures move making it difficult for me to lock on! If I have mis-identified any or have put a (?) name, I am willing to receive assistance! It was a very relaxing morning and one I hope to repeat fairly soon. Next time, though, I will take along a few teddy bears in order to fulfil requirements to host a special picnic!

Peacock Butterfly




Speckled Wood Butterfly



Meadow Brown Butterfly


Ringlet Butterfly


Green Veined White (?) Butterfly




Gatekeeper Butterfly





4 comments:

Bernard Dodd said...

Really magnificent photos

Kevin Groocock said...

Thank you Bernard - I'm pleased you are enjoying them.

Dan said...

Lovely pics Kev, some Gatekeepers and M Browns trip me up! Dan

Kevin Groocock said...

Thank you Dan.