Previously "Diary of a Birding Medic"

Previously "Rugby Birder"

Friday, 18 April 2014

Draycote Water (By Bike!)



The Birding Giant!

Love at first sight - Mr Giant meets Mrs Dawes under the Albino Squirrel tree!

At last, I finally got myself sorted and into gear and headed off to Draycote Water on the bike! With my gear stashed in two panniers, bins around neck and camera in a Lowepro, I was off. It was sunny but cool and two circuits of Draycote was completed, giving a twenty mile ride in total. Draycote was quiet with only two Yellow Wagtails and a Common Sandpiper of note. This gave me the opportunity of taking images of the commoner birds, with my 400mm lens.

Great Crested Grebe




Chiffchaff



Blackcap


Strange Rook


Coot Scrap








2 comments:

Mike Attwood said...

Nice bikes Kevin.

Kevin Groocock said...

Thanks Mike - the one on the left is mine!