Previously "Diary of a Birding Medic"

Previously "Rugby Birder"

Thursday, 5 September 2013

"Funky" Grey Heron at Brandon Marsh - 4th September 2013


I spent some time watching a Grey Heron on east marsh pool at Brandon Marsh whose antics presented me with great entertainment!

Initially attempting to fish, it suddenly pulled out a large lump of metal, which it soon dropped as it lacked the gastronomic delights of a Heron!




Having composed itself again, the Heron suddenly started a "funky" dance around the pool!








While looking through my images, I noticed a strange gull. Unfortunately my focus was on the Heron so the gull on the far left is not! Any thoughts gratefully received!





2 comments:

Mike Attwood said...

How about a leucistic curlew Frank?
It's the best I can come up with.

Kevin Groocock said...

I just wish I had spotted when scanning the gulls! It was only when looking at my images that I spotted it. Deformity maybe?