Previously "Diary of a Birding Medic"

Previously "Rugby Birder"

Tuesday, 2 November 2010

Great Grey Shrike - Napton on the Hill



I had to go back! After Sundays poor light and rain it could only get better - and it did! The Great Grey Shrike was showing well at 0800 and continued to do so until I left at 1200. It seems to do about a 300yard circuit, and is happy to show down to 10yards if you patiently wait. Good company this morning with Pete W (can't wait to see your images!), Bob H, Richard M and a few others whose names escape me. Even Terry B had a (brief) conversation!

I seem to be having problems with my camera / lens set up in that my images seem very soft and not very sharp. Perhaps this is an indication that my lens needs a MOT or most likely operator error, or my settings being totally wrong.Comments welcome!

A few more images below.










 (More Images on my website - see link opposite)









8 comments:

ShySongbird said...

Great shots, well done!

Kevin Groocock said...

Cheers, ShySongbird.

Steve Seal said...

Kevin Superb mate well done.

Kevin Groocock said...

Cheers, Steve - much appreciated

Max Silverman said...

Stunning shots Kevin.I'm very jealous.The ones I took today are all very distant.

Kevin Groocock said...

Cheers, Max. I never dreamed that the Shrike would be so obliging!

Clive A said...

Just checking your blog Kevin, some cracking shots there of the Shrike.

Kevin Groocock said...

Cheers, Clive. For once I was in the right place at the right time! The Shrike "came" to me!