Previously "Diary of a Birding Medic"

Previously "Rugby Birder"

Wednesday, 24 February 2010

Brandon Marsh

It is over a month since I visited Brandon Marsh, so this was my destination for an early morning visit. Arriving at 0710, I made my way to East Marsh Hide, to find a very obliging Bittern in the channel to the left of the hide where it remained in position until 0820 before moving into the reeds. I suppose you cannot have everything. I had  a super photo opportunity, but at this time of day, needed a high ISO of 1600, but I am pleased with my results.

Other birds of note on East Marsh were seven Snipe, a male and female Shelduck, one Oystercatcher, three Cettis Warblers and one Kingfisher flyby.

A complete list of sightings will be found below my images.

Bittern

Bittern

Bittern

Robin

Mute Swan

Mute Swan


(More images can be found on my website - see link opposite)


Todays Sightings:

Magpie; Robin; Dunnock; Wood Pigeon; Song Thrush; Great Tit; Goldfinch; Blackbird; Carrion Crow; BH Gull; Blue Tit; Green Woodpecker; Moorhen; Chaffinch; Cormorant; Coot; Tufted Duck; Shoveler; Canada Goose; Grey Heron; Mallard; Long Tailed Tit; Cettis Warbler; Fieldfare; Bittern; Mute Swan; Oystercatcher; Lapwing; Shelduck; Pheasant; Grey Lag Goose; Snipe; Stock Dove; Wren; Jay; Reed Bunting; Gadwall; Kingfisher; juv GBB Gull; Great Spotted Woodpecker; Buzzard.

2 comments:

Max Silverman said...

Well done Kevin with the Bittern.Is there a more obliging bird!!!!!

Kevin Groocock said...

Cheers Max. You have "trained" the Bittern well!